Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Siren's Call

On July 10 we saw Neko Case at the Paramount in Seattle. Although it's a beautiful venue, I would like nothing more than to watch her perform in a smoky bar. She's a gritty woman, I would even call her a "broad" (gasp), and when she's not singing, she loves to swear and has a filthy laugh. Out of that wiry woman with crazy red hair comes a voice that I would imagine is like a Siren's, weaving tales and luring men, and women, out to their beautiful demise. I envy those who had the opportunity to enjoy her in a small dive bar, where I'm sure she threw back a few drinks, told a couple dirty jokes, and let her voice fill the room. In theater actors are told to project their voices to the back of the room; her voice seems to project into the next state.

No comments:

Post a Comment